St. Benedict Gold Swivel Keychain
Take your faith with you wherever you go! This sturdy keychain keeps you focused in prayer with our enlarged St. Benedict medal. The center of the keychain swivels on its axis, keeping your fidgeting fingers busy and your mind on God. When blessed, the St. Benedict Medal helps to protect the carrier from demonic forces, as the prayers associated with the cross constitute a minor exorcism.
The front of the St. Benedict medal features an image of the saint, carrying a cross and the Rule of Benedict, with a chalice and raven to his left and right. Flanking the saint is the phrase “Crux Patris Benedicti” or, “the cross of Father Benedict.” Surrounding the entire edge is the Latin phrase “eius in obitu nostro praesentia muniamur,” meaning, “at our death may we be fortified by his presence.”
On the other side, below the phrase “Pax,” meaning “peace,” various prayers—written as initials—appear on and around the image of a cross. These include:
- CSSML (crux sacra sit mihi lux) - the holy cross be my light
- NDSMD (non draco sit mihi dux) - let not the dragon be my guide
- VRSNSMV - SMQLLIVB (Vade retro satana! Numquam suede mihi vana! Sunt mala quae libas. Ipse benena bibas!) - Begone, Satan! Never tempt me with your vanities! What you offer me is evil. Drink the poison yourself!
- 1.25” (3.5” long including keyring)
- Luxurious gold and silver tones
- Fine Italian metalwork
- Spinning medal action